Friday, December 14, 2012

Chapter Ten Quotes

"We grew up with the idea that learning means taking courses in school." (p.129) This is true, but I think that we need to open our minds to sharing the placement of education from just the classroom to a hybrid of classroom and education.

"The current school system does not help students develop intrinsic motivation to learn." (p.131)  I don't think that is true I think that the structure of our school system helps students learn and technology should just be used to supplement what we learn in the classroom.

"America has not helped its citizens manage the transition to adulthood as well as other countries with apprenticeship systems." (p.137) I think that some of our reliance of using technology to educate our kids can provide not always the best information for young minds.  So yes I think that our transition into adulthood can be troubled because of our exposure to information at young ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment