Sunday, December 9, 2012

Learning Plan Framework

While working on my learning plan for I struggled to have to create a learning plan for a subject that is not major.  However, it was kind of fun experiencing what it was like to create a lesson for a different subject.  I put a good deal of thought into this lesson.  I chose to allow the students to choose the type of learning that they wanted to engage in at the end of the lesson.  This way they are interacting with the material in a way that they choose and I am not telling them how to do it so it allows them to have some control over how they are learning.  My hope is that the students would take advantage of that opportunity and ask any questions that they might have or clarify any misconceptions.  I think that writing this learning plan will help me in the future because it really opened my eyes to how important it is to help the students find their own way to learn.  If they are able to understand how they learn best, it will hopefully carry over into their other subjects.  If I can help them discover their learning abilities, I have done my job as their teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment