Sunday, October 14, 2012

Frontline Video

How does this video impact your thinking about technology’s role in the lives of your future learners? 
   With all new types of technology nowadays people are able to stay connected with anybody in just about anywhere they go.  For students, this can be a very useful tool: however, it can also be very distracting.  I think that learners these days have a great advantage because we have technology at our fingertips.  If there is ever a question that needs answering, all we have to do is flip on our smart phones.  This can be very useful and I can't even imagine what types of technology we will have 10-20 years from now.

What will you differently as a future teacher as a direct result of this new thinking?
   As a teacher I am hoping to stay up to date on the most recent technology thus allowing me to understand what type of information the students have at their disposal.  I will do my best to teach to their availability, if they have higher technology, maybe I will assign them more data based questions so that they have to use their new technology to find the answers.  Or at least something along those lines, I don't want my students to find my classes easy, I want them to be challenged, to dig deeper than just the basic understandings.  And if they have the technology to find the answers I will then expect them to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment