Monday, September 24, 2012

Frontline Video Response

1) How does this video impact your thinking about technology’s role in the lives of your learners?
  The kids that are going to be our students have grow up their whole lives having technology around them.  They don't know a world that is any different.  They are able to learn quickly and implement their learning of technology into their everyday lives.  Also, they tend to be more willing to learn from technology instead of just sitting in a classroom listening to a teacher lecture about a subject.  They would much rather go out onto the internet and explore the facts and information for themselves.  With technology changing all the time, students are interested in the next best thing and are curious about these technologies.  Being able to implement this curiosity in the class work is an important thing for teachers to learn.

2)What will you differently as a future teacher as a direct result of this new thinking?
   As a teacher I want to encourage my students to use technology and use it to find the answers to the questions that I am asking.  However, I feel that there is a point at which the technology should not be used.  I think in the classroom there should be no technology used by the students such as cell phones, laptops, and tablets.  I will; however, encourage interaction via technology to my students outside of class. I plan on setting up a class blog where I will be able to keep in touch with the class outside of school.  If they have any questions I would be willing to answer them or if they just needed clarification that would be a great way for them to communicate with me so that I am aware of the situation.  I also want the students to be actively involved in their own blogs so that they are able to collaborate with their peers and learn better group work techniques. Overall, technology is going to be a very important aspect of my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment