Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chapter 8

1) How does this reading impact your thinking about technology's role in teaching and learning?
   After reading about and working with podcast and programs like that, I think that these are very useful tools for the classroom. Again, after reading these sections, I feel that technology if a very important resource to engage the students.  I feel that the more variety of technology, the more excited the students are going to be to learn about the different subjects because they are being presented in a different way than usual.

2) What will you do differently as a future teacher as a direct result of this new thinking? 
    I plan on using podcasts when I am a teacher.  I think it is a very effective way give directions to the students.  In my classroom I can use it to explain how to do a lab.  I can post it to the class page and then if the students had any question about the execution of the lab, they will be able to listen to my given instructions.  Also, I think it would be a good tool to communicate with the students when it would be easier to talk the directions rather than write them in an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment