Sunday, September 30, 2012

My First Podcast!

1) How much effort did you exert preparing for and creating the podcast?

    First I read the article and made sure I knew what was being talked about and that I understood the purpose of the article.  I then sat and reflected about the contents and then constructed my script that I would be able to read form during recording.  I then set up my Garageband and I then recorded multiple segments of my script and then pieced them together so that they flowed well with one another.  After the speaking roll was done, I found some fun sound effects to add to the presentation.  I then picked some epic Lord of the Rings music to use as my lead-in and lead-out music.  Finally I shared my Garageband creation with iTunes and uploaded my .mp3 file to D2L.

2) How does creating a podcast impact your future teaching?

    I think now that I know that it is not that hard to create a podcast, I am going to be more inclined to use them in my classroom.  I think this would be a good way to maybe deliver instructions to students and have it available to them on the computers.  That way if they have any question about the instruction all they would have to do is go to the file and listen to the directions again.  Also, I think it would be a good idea to sometimes record important lectures and make them available to students so that they have access to the information again.


The URL for this article can be found at: 
http://thejournal.com/articles/2012/09/06/taking-students-where-no-school-bus-can-go.aspx?admgarea=pre 

No comments:

Post a Comment